“My passion for creativity drives me to constantly challenge the limits, to take every project beyond the ordinary and to initiate originality where there was none”.
I have worked as a journalist, copywriter and scriptwriter for over 20 years, because there is absolutely nothing else I would rather be doing. I love it, in all its nuances and guises. I love the power of the language; its ability to unleash chaos and fury, to act as a catalyst of change to create devastation or peace and harmony; and just as easily create joy and laughter, or speak of love as gentle as a lover’s caress. It defies logic: how can a mere series of letters arranged in any one particular sequence rule the world with this quintessential power. That’s why it’s my drug of choice, it runs in my veins and makes my heart beat faster. I’m always in pursuit of my next fix of creativity and originality and it’s got to be the pure stuff.
Working at the pit-face with many high profile clients and agencies, I have been involved in conceptualization and treatment of projects from the initial briefing stage, right through to the writing of the relevant scripts, press releases, advertising copy, marketing plans, supervision of graphic design for interactive presentation material, selection of actors and performers, artwork, film material, direction on video and photographic shoots and supervision on edit; all of which also required extensive client liaison.
The writing projects I have undertaken include extensive script writing, training material, conference presentations, video and power point presentation scripts, travel and general interest articles, promotional material, press releases, newsletters, advertising copy, advertorials, documentaries, concept and treatment for a range of projects, specific-requirement lyrics and short stories. I undertake the role of Creative Director on all projects.
- Concept and execution for Build it Cement Launch – won Gold at the Assegai Awards
- SPAR & Build it Training videos and conference work
- Beier “Smash Test Challenge” campaign videos and positioning, all character scripts / direction on shoot & edit (5 in the series) uploaded to Youtube
- KZN Children’s Hospital – Concept and allied copywriting
- Senior Writer on aQuelle, SPAR, Build it, NPC, 2010, Amazulu
- MRPTV – the fortnightly Mr. Price satellite TV programme, broadcast simultaneously to over 600 stores nationwide (1st in Africa; 3rd in the world) Writer, producer and co-director (first 3 years after launch)
- Creative Director/Scriptwriter for the video training programmes integral to the Spar “Let’s Talk” campaign, the largest research and training project conducted for a supermarket chain in South Africa. (Currently also now utilized by Spar International for training purposes)
- Creative Director/Writer/Director on the Spar International “It’s My Life” video and power point presentation for Oslo Conference
- Creative Director/Writer/Director on Spar Brands video presentation.
- Creative Director/Writer for Spar Chairman’s, CEO’s and Marketing Director’s conference presentations and supporting videos/power point presentations for Spar Annual Conferences (3 years)
- Creative/Writer on a number of radio commercials for various clients and brands including Axe, Score, AIB Bread and the Ohlanga Group.
- Scriptwriter on ACD television commercial
- Creative/Writer for World Federation of Neurosurgeons & ICC campaign to host World Congress, Durban 2005.